Home School MTB Skills
Head for the Hills is offering a mountain bike skills program for students who are home schooled. These lessons are designed for kids aged 8 to 13 and will be delivered at the Craigburn Farm Shared-Use Trails. There are no pre-requisites for participants and the program is perfect for beginners, so long as they can ride confidently on two wheels.
The program will run weekly on Thursday afternoons for 5 weeks commencing 17 June. The program focuses on the key skills of mountain biking and will develop the students:
- Bike handling and balance
- Control and trail reading
- Technique (discipline independent)
Students will also learn about the non-practical aspects of mountain biking, including:
- Trail etiquette for shared-use networks
- Risk assessment and management skills
- Knowledge of participation opportunities
To each session, we recommend you bring:
- Your bike & helmet in good working order (bike & helmet hire available)
- Water & snacks
- Appropriate clothing (enclosed shoes, comfy sports clothes)
- Weather dependant considerations (jacket, sunscreen, towel, change of clothes etc)
- Relevant medications you may require
We highly recommend participants use a mountain bike with gears for this program. If you are unsure if your bike is appropriate, feel free to contact us.
|Ages:||8 – 13 years|
|Program Length:||5 weekly sessions|
|Session Duration:||1.5 hours|
|Time:||1:30pm – 3:00pm|
|Dates:||Thursday Afternoons from June 17|
|Venue:||Craigburn Farm Trails, Sturt Gorge RP (map)|
|Dropoff & Pickup:||Blackwood Football Club Car Park (map)|
|Booking Deposit:||$24 *|
|Bike & Helmet Hire Option:||$15 per session|
* Booking deposit is non-refundable.
We will email all applicants closer to the starting date with any updated information.
Subscribe to our mailing list if you would like to receive updates about future programs.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please feel free to contact us.