Programs for Schools
Adelaide has the most accessible trail network in the world and we design school mountain biking programs to help students take full advantage of it. Our Mountain Bike Australia qualified coaches and instructors can deliver a single session mountain bike incursion right through to a progressive skills development program on the trails.
Free Skills Incursion
We offer free 60 minute bike skills incursions for up to five schools each term. These are delivered onsite, during school hours and cover basic balance and control skills.
|Recommended Age:||10 – 14|
- The free bike skills incursions are available to all South Australian schools, however a travel expense fee may need to be negotiated for schools outside of the Adelaide Metropolitan area.
- Successful schools will be selected on a first come, first served basis and are limited to one free incursion per year.
- Free incursions are limited to 60 minutes and one group of up to 20 students
- Incursions will preferably be scheduled in the last 2 weeks of the term.
- Head for the Hills will provide up to two qualified instructors to maintain a minimum 1:10 ratio.
- Participating students are required to be able to ride a bike on 2 wheels confidently at a minimum.
- If students are unable to provide their own bike in good working order, we can offer bike & helmet hire at a rate of $10 per student (various sizes available).
- Participating students are required to have a rider information form completed by a parent or caregiver prior to the clinic commencing.
MTB Skills Development Programs for Schools
Head for the Hills offers a number of skills development program options, each of which can be tailored to your schools specific needs. These range from on-site incursions that can be delivered at lunch-time or after school, to multiple sessions delivered on trails near your school.
|Ability:||Beginner – Advanced|
A mountain bike development program can take many forms and they are all able to be adapted to each schools individual goals, requirements and constraints. Some of the formats we offer include:
- Skills Incursions delivered at your school
- Skills Excursion delivered at a trail network near your school
- Multi Session Programs
- One Week
- Half Term
- Full Term
- Semester Long
To give you an idea of approximate cost, please see the table below. Please contact us if you would like to discuss details further. We do our best to be as flexible as we can to help make our programs as accessible as possible.
|Min Ration 1:12|
|1 hour on-site:||$120 per coach|
|2+ hours on-site||$80 per coach per hour|
|Min Ration 1:10|
|2 hour skills clinic:||$185 per coach|
|Additional hours||$60 per coach per hour|
If you have any questions or would like further information about our programs for schools, please contact us.
Other Skills Development Opportunities
As well as structured programs, we can deliver one-off sessions to up-skill your students’ bike handling skills. One off sessions can be delivered as an incursion as well as a part of an excursion. Great opportunities for skills development clinics and activities include:
- Outdoor Education Camps (pre or post departure)
- OSHC activities
- End of year treats
- Duke of Ed
- CAS studies
If you have any questions or would like further information, please feel free to contact us.